The equipment which we will use to implement our program in the Bunda District near Lake Victoria has arrived at our office in Karatu, Tanzania. Albin Mathias, Country Director, and the staff are preparing for a Phase 1 implementation at three schools: Kabasa, Sazira, and Mekomariro Secondary Schools.
Each school has prepared a secure computer lab and provided the tables and chairs. The Bunda District Council contributed 10,000,000 TZ shillings (US $5,800). The printers, keyboards, mice, projector screens, headsets, routers, Ethernet cable and solar energy systems are all purchased from Tanzanian vendors and the other equipment is shipped from the United States to Arusha, Tanzania.
The equipment shipped from the U.S. for this Phase 1 project in three schools includes:
- 30 Raspberry Pi computers
- 28 Raspberry Pi cases
- 18 Monitors and HDMI computer cables
- 3 16-port network switches
- 17 stereo cables
- 35 SD memory cards (donated by SanDisk)
- 3 Pocket Projectors
- 3 Projector external batteries
- 6 Capsule Speakers with rechargeable batteries
- 10 high precision clock chips for the Raspberry Pi
- 6 USB 2.0 flash drives
- 2 rolls of industrial strength tape